Sunday, October 9, 2011

***27***

Lets see.... what should I share today?!?!
My husband is an amazing runner times 10! {he would never tell anyone how good he really is, he thinks he isn't good at all} For years now he has been trying to convince me to run with him. If anyone knows me I am beyond competitive and when I can't beat someone at something, lets just say I'm a sore loser. Well it has taken a lot of convincing on his part to g
et me to start running with him, because in my head why should I run with him if I'm just going to be way behind and never even come close to his speed. Well he has a goal to beat the turkey at the Turkey Trot this year and I have a goal to actually run the Turkey Trot all the way! I'm half way there and slowly getting better! I have definitely learned to lessen my competitive side and just enjoy what I am accomplishing!

We were running the other night and witnessed this super cool accident. We were the only ones who saw it. We were running down a street everyone speeds down but this one car was going at least 55+ miles a hour. We don't know what happened to make them spin out of control but they did, my own thoughts is they flipped out when they noticed us running because they didn't see us at first and it shocked them, but gentry thinks they were going to fast to
be able to control themselves when they were turning the corner. Regardless they spun out of control and did a 180 and slid into an apartment complex brick wall. We went to check on them to see if they were ok and they said they were so we continued on our run because we didn't have a phone and assumed they would take care of it since a ton of people were coming out of the apartment complex and saw them. We were running on the canal and saw a cop driving up and they asked if we had seen 2 black guys running! The guys that crashed ran from the scene of the crime, how crazy is that?!?! We don't know what has happened since then but I have never actually seen a car accident happen before, it was nerve racking!!

{This is when I ran a 5k for 2 sister 1 heart, it was on Valentines day, that's why I have heart socks on}

No comments: