Saturday, November 26, 2011

The girl who stole my heart...

I know this title sounds dramatic but its true Shelbie Lynn stole my heart just 3 years ago! It still brings tears to my eyes when I think about me, Amanda, and Brandi standing outside the hospital door and hearing this little girls first cry. We all looked at each other with tears in our eyes thinking how could this little girl mean so much to us and we haven't even seen her or held her yet, all we heard was the first little cry she let out. We were nothing but ecstatic and wanted to run into the room and see her but were stopped by a door blocking us and nurses not letting us in. Probably 10 minutes later but what seemed like forever we were in the presence of someone amazing! This little girl has brought nothing but happiness to my life and our families! She was a miracle and I am blessed to be her aunt forever! Whenever I hear her say I love you Berttany you are my best friend, I have to hide my tears! She has grown up so fast, I just want her to be a little girl and just lay in my arms like she use to but she feels the need to get bigger and smarter by the day! Saturday she and I were cleaning her room, hunting for bows and hair ties, taking a nap with snuggle bear, and having our very first tea party! At the beginning of our nap she was just talking and talking so I asked her if she wanted me to tickle her back because I know it makes her fall asleep and her response was "You can do whatever you want" and she turned over and lifted her shirt! I tickled and she was out cold! When she woke up I was their to snuggle her because she was scared I left her in her room by herself! I love that I live so close to be able to see her whenever I want and to make memories with her! I know she is just going to get bigger and bigger but I am happy I get to keep these memories with me forever!
Happy Birthday my lovely little
lady, Shelbie!











1 comment:

Lance, Sommer, Shelbie & Carston Atwood said...

Stole my heart too and continues to everyday!