Saturday, November 26, 2011

Argentina

Argentina, what a wonderful place. I loved being their and learning the ways of other individuals. To start off we took a total of SEVEN plane trips, needless to say I am over plane rides and have done my fair share of them for awhile! We took 2 to get to Argentina, 1 to Iguazu Falls (North of Buenos Aires), 1 Back to Buenos Aires, 3 Back to the States! We strolled the streets of Buenos Aires where I tasted my first taste of real Argentine food off of what we would say looked like a hot dog stand, which wasn't too shabby. I do have to admit that by the end of the trip I was very sick of Argentine food because it is all meat and I just needed some sort of vegetable, which are very hard to find. Argentina is the place where I took my very FIRST public transportation. We took the train to many different areas along with buses and taxi's. Their driving is much different then ours, I would pick ours in a heart beat! I do need to state that I NEVER saw an accident as crazy as the driving is. Public transportation is where you witness very random people along with what I would say is a very personal act, aka breast feeding with no cover. I did witness it first hand and did have it happen right next to me on the bus, my first thought was of course this had to happen to me! That's not all, while the mother was breast feeding her 2 year old he was trying to give me a high five, I had no idea how to react! There were times when we took the bus to go visit some of his friends! The first time we got lost, which was a bummer and he got a little down in the dumps! We went to church and I could tell the whole day he was worried that people weren't going to remember him which some did recognize him but couldn't remember his name and some really didn't remember him but one individual did remember him and the reaction was almost heart melting. We had someone in the ward take us to this families house that he LOVED visiting and we walked up and they didn't remember him BUT the person he wanted to see wasn't there. So we sat and talked to the family and some man rides up on a bike and see's Gentry and gets the biggest smile on his face and says SHUMWAY!!!! There were no words to explain how happy I was that this guy remembered him! They talked like old friends and Adrian (his friend) told him that he was looking through his photo book the other week and was just thinking about him! We stayed for hours and ate and Gentry got to enjoy his time with his friend as I sat embracing the nice weather and spanish! haha After about a week we went to Iguazu Falls which is in the northern part of Argentina and was just named one of the 7 natural wonders of the world! So I have now been to 2 and still have 5 to go! This place, oh my, there are no words to explain. Pictures don't do it justice, I don't think it is humanly possible to capture the beauty of this place. The waterfalls and the jungle are beyond beautiful! We zip lined in the jungle, hiked through the jungle where we were a river away from Paraguay, and rappelled down a waterfall. We walked the bridges to the waterfalls and also took a boat ride where they took you to the waterfalls that border Brazil and Argentina. We also took the time to visit Uruguay for a day, where we took a ferry! In Uruguay we met up with a family that is related to someone in our ward! We went to a Tango show where my dear lovely husband sang to some Korean family which left me laughing hysterically. Here is how the story goes, we sit to eat this tasty 5 star dinner and we have Koreans on my left and people from Spain on my right. He is very social and is talking to both couples, me not understanding because the Spain couple only speaks Spanish and the Koreans can't speak English well at all. His dad served his mission in Korea and taught him a song in Korean so he told the couple he only knew one thing in Korea and this is how it goes and began to sing, the kicker is the lady started singing it with him!!! It was beyond hilarious, sadly we did not get a picture with the couple. There is so much more we did but I think I touched on what was the most exciting to me!
I never thought I would be the one to travel but I have been very blessed to be able to experience such amazing places in my short year of marriage. I am very grateful for the time I had to spend with my husband and return to his neck of the woods where he served for 2 years. There are parts that make me sad to see the way some people live but there are also parts where I see that they don't really care what they live in and just love life! I wish that we all could sometimes get away from all the materialistic things! So people have built their houses underneath the freeway with trash for their roofs and we are over here worrying about how we should decorate our walls or making all of these holiday crafts! Don't get me wrong I am beyond guilty of these things but I think it has changed my point of view and have been more focused on whats really important which is family and experiencing life! I want nothing more but to have my house in place but I also want nothing more but to see the ones I love happy and healthy and enjoying life!


Here are some pictures that I like, there will be more on facebook but for some reason it wont upload and I don't feel like messing with it any longer, so stay tuned to my facebook if you want to see more!



This is supposedly this widest street in the world. where you see trees there are roads on the other side too... notice the Argentina flag in flowers. I must say they do LOVE their countries colors and have them EVERYWHERE!



Adrian is in the red shirt which is his friend that remembered him. The little girl is a DOLL! She was very entertaining!



Waterfalls...lovely right?!?



This is in Uruguay, the man in the blue is brothers with someone in our ward



For you, I did take a picture of the driving! That is a 2 lane road with 3 cars! Buses also drive crazy and flick their lights and honk their horns and then cross the road!



Busy streets of Buenos Aires. They have pedestrian streets which this is one of them and cars aren't suppose to drive down them, but sometimes they do anyways!



Our first flight!!



Another picture of the waterfalls

No comments: