Wednesday, March 6, 2013

History

I teach Relief Society, it's not my ideal calling by any means, but I definitely have grown by preparing my lessons each month and learning from peoples experiences. I teach out of the Ensign also known as "Teach for our times" so it's more of real life experiences which I feel more comfortable with. If I had to teach Sunday School....oh boy would that be interesting and I would suck pretty bad at it! My point of this little rant is I just taught a lesson on family history and then I attended a funeral for someone my dad has known for quite some time. They shared that he had journals and scrapbooks he had completed throughout his life from when he was younger until he passed. He was almost 98 so you could imagine the amazing stories he has written down for his grandchildren, great grandchildren and many more to come in the future to learn and grow from. It made me think, man my grandchildren are going to know absolutely nothing about me because I have done so poorly with keeping a journal, scrapbook and even blogging. I so badly want them to know the struggles I went through in elementary school, jr high, high school, my dating years, when I got engaged, when I was married in the temple to the one and only Craig Gentry, when I found out I was pregnant with little miss, the struggles we had while I was carrying her and the fears I had the entire time, her delivery, and how much I have learned and grown with this little family of mine. I want them to know how awesome I think my immediate family is and what they have taught me. I know I am truly blessed to be in the family I am! So here is to better blogging, I would write in my journal except that it hurts my hand... haha typing just seems so much easier! English was never my best subject, so I may have misspelled words, grammar errors and my paragraphs may all go as one so I hope you can look past that and realize I am not perfect, I am just trying to work on a goal. Here is to the good and the bad that comes into my life and I am willing to share to those who would like to read about it.
 
I will leave this post with a picture of my little gem
 
 

No comments: