Saturday, May 5, 2012

Just some thoughts

I feel like since getting pregnant that I am much more vocal and opinionated! That being said I just needed to vent on some feelings I have had lately, poor Gentry has had to hear me rant about these things because I had no one else to say them to.
1. What happened to honesty? Has that just been thrown on the back burner? Do people now think oh I will only be honest when its convenient for me? In the last week and a half I know of 3 car accidents, yes 3, where the individual that hit them was either dishonest and lied to the cop, hit and ran, or was about to leave but got caught before they had the chance to!  What in the world happened to taking responsibility for your actions?
2. R-E-S-P-E-C-T!!! Holy H Cow!!!! I know I am not perfect by any means but I do believe I have a good sense of what it appropriate to put on my blog or facebook. (And if I have offended anyone in what I have put on my blog or facebook, consider this my apology.)  Taking pictures of individual people (not knowing them) and posting them on facebook for the whole world to see, making fun of them, to me is beyond rude! What if someone you are friends with knows that person in that picture, what if you offend someone by the comment you put with that picture? Lets please use our conscience and think of what you would feel like if someone snapped a picture of you and put a rude comment on the picture on facebook, how would you feel?
3. Judgmental much?!?! GUILTY as charged, if anything I am super judgmental, its a trial I face that I try very hard not to but turns out I am human and slip up more then I would like. I just have ran across a couple things that A. Made me furious by reading because I felt attacked and that that person thought they were so much better then the next person and that if you did this certain thing or watched this certain movie you were a complete and utter sinner.  Cool, have your opinion about the topic but please don't state it in a way that makes you look like, well I am going to make this choice and go straight to Heaven and if you make the choice of doing whatever you are going to Hell. B. Hurt. Hurt that someone would think it was o.k. to put a conversation piece out there while someone is going through such a hard time. I was just thinking what if it was me that someone was posting about, what if someone didn't agree with how I was living my life and the decision I made in a certain area of life. If I came across that at that time in my life I would probably feel completely betrayed and hurt that someone thinks that they would be able to make better choices then me in that certain circumstance and that they know so much more about my life. 
People I am not trying to be holier then thou, that has never really been my type of attitude. In my life I have seen many things to make me appreciate what I have and the knowledge I have of the gospel and to know I can progress and grow and if I make a wrong decision I am not damned to hell, I still have a chance to make it back to live with my Heavenly Father. I am very grateful for that because if anyone needs that, I do.  I just want to make the point that I am very glad I am not the one that has to judge each and everyone of us, so with that being said I would like to challenge myself and you to pay attention to what you are about to post anywhere and think is this really appropriate and is it really my place to being saying something like this. I know we aren't perfect but why not keep trying?
Thanks for reading if you took the time!

1 comment:

Joe and Becca said...

Brittany, I love you. That stinks about the car accidents...I think what's happened with this world almost everytime I am driving now....and I am not driving that much anymore!!